Why no OpenCL output on iMac OS X Lion?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125206] Why no OpenCL output on iMac OS X Lion?
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 07:21:48 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to: murray at math.umass.edu
I'm running Mathematica 8.0.4 on the latest, 2011 iMac (3.4 GHz Core i7, 16 GB RAM) under OS X Lion (10.7.3). The graphics adapter is an AMD Radeon HD 6970M (2048 MB VRAM). After loading OpneCLLink, OpenCLQ returns True. Yet evaluating examples from the ref page for OpenCLFractalRender3D returns nothing. E.g., OpenCLFractalRender3D. Moreover, it seems as if the OpenCL link is being closed, or the package unloaded, immediately after I try such an evaluation -- because if I evaluate it again, now I get the input expression itself returned; and indeed the $ContextPath no longer includes OpenCLLink (or the SymboliC and CCompilerDriver automatically added by loading OpenCLLink). What could be wrong? -- Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu Mathematics & Statistics Dept. Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H) University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W) 710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801 Amherst, MA 01003-9305