Re: how turn off camera after using CurrentImage?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg123995] Re: how turn off camera after using CurrentImage?
- From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 05:04:32 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica at googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, 3 January 2012 11:27:08 UTC+1, Murray Eisenberg wrote: > On an iMac under OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), in Mathematica 8.0.4, I > evaluated CurrentImage. That automatically turned on the built-in > "FaceTime HD" camera. > > Is there some programmatic way from within Mathematica to turn the > camera off? > > And if not -- OT: is there some simple way to do this in OS X? (Other > than open and then quit the FaceTime app.) > A little digging around shows that these can stop and start the camera: IMAQ`StartCamera IMAQ`StopCamera A big warning here to anyone reading this on MathGroup: These are internal functions probably not meant to be used by end users, so they might easily break between versions, or might give you something unexpected. I just digged them out from CurrentImage using Trace.