Re: Why does the Front End freeze when using a TCPIP-mode connection with the kernel?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124005] Re: Why does the Front End freeze when using a TCPIP-mode connection with the kernel?
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 05:56:26 -0500 (EST)

I don't know if this is the cause of the problem or not, but that's the wrong
linkname syntax for the TCPIP protocol.  TCPIP uses *two* ports,
comma-delimited.  One is the regular data channel, and the other is for urgent
"messages", which includes things like interrupt, abort, and terminate.

Try doing...

LinkCreate[LinkProtocol -> "TCPIP"]

to see an example of a proper linkname.

Sincerely,