Re: Rule replacement doesn't work after NDSolve?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg124032] Re: Rule replacement doesn't work after NDSolve?
- From: gac <g.crlsn at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 04:18:05 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you. Great example. I see that the FullForm[-2*I] is also not Times[Complex[-2,0],Complex[0,1]]. So this won't work either: -2*I/.Complex[0,1]->Complex[0,-1] to replace only I with -I, we need to use parentheses: -2*(I/.I->-I) Not very pretty, and it seems to get worse very quickly: 1-2*(I/.I->-I) or 2*(I/.I->-I)*Exp[2*(I/.I->-I)] It seems that every replacement of I with -I must be specified separately. Uuugly!