Re: MatrixPower problem

Ralph Dratman <ralph.dratman at gmail.com> wrote:

> MatrixForm, as well as Column, Row, TableForm, and some others, are
> really only for display. Their output cannot be calculated with, or at
> least not in the same way as the original matrix.
>
> I do think that should be mentioned more prominently in the Wolfram
> documentation.

So do I.

Being a computer science major it surprises me.

> One other point: don't create a capitalized variable name like "P".

As mentioned in another reply in this thread (which by now seem to have
broken into two pieces), it is meant for a Linear Algebra assignment at
college. I have returned to school again to get a further degree in
Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics.

And the college teacher has given the matrix the name 'P'.
--
Per Erik Rønne
http://www.RQNNE.dk