Re: Unit testing using imported data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124190] Re: Unit testing using imported data
  • From: A Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 04:19:41 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

>> I want to setup a unit test for functions I have made. The
>> functions perform computation on imported data. The data are HDF
>> files. How can I setup the unit test so that the data gets imported
>> for use in a unit test? The imported data is the input for the
>> function.

AFAIK you can use any kind of code within a Unit test file. Typically
you will do some initialization like loading packages before the actual
Test[]s. I don't see why you would have problems to import your data
there or even within a Test-Definition. Are you encountering problems
when doing so?

> I should add that I want to use the built in .mt file in Wolfram
> Workbench. The Mathematica front end is not used. The help content
> in Workbench doesn't have any information on importing when using the
> .mt test files.

If you start the tests from Workbench there is by default no FrontEnd
started and at least some of the functionality needs it, although I'm
not sure whether the HDF Import will need it. But if that is your
problem you probably only need to wrap the Import with an UseFrontEnd to
get things running. I think you probably will need to provide more
details if you want to get more specific suggestions...

hth,

albert