Importing data via jump drive issue.

Hi all over the last few days I have a problem Importing data to my laptop
via a jump drive, it is telling me that the data does'nt exsits but when
I move it to my computer I have no problem doing it.

My question is what should I try to do??

and the data is a string of binary code i need to put onto my laptop to make my PDF converter work, I would just write the code right into my laptop but the system is preventing me form getting into the code to write it right there.