how to import unformatted Fortran data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124208] how to import unformatted Fortran data
  • From: Ted Sariyski <tsariysk at craft-tech.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 04:53:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I need to import Fortran unformatted, byteswapped data to Mathematica.
The fortran code first reads two integers, which define the the shape of
4 arrays:

integer*32 ::  num_4cells,num_vertices
integer*32 :: kphi4(1:4,1:num_4cells)
real*8        :: x(1:num_vertices)
real*8        :: y(1:num_vertices)
real*8        :: z(1:num_vertices)

Data files have more complicated structure, but it follows the same
pattern. How can I import these data into Mathematica? Any help will be
highly appreciated?

Thanks in advance,
--Ted