Extract a part of expression

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg124293] Extract a part of expression
  • From: Miguel Gil <misvrne at>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:07:20 -0500 (EST)

How I can extract the full numerator (or denominator) of an expression of the form g (x) / w (x)?.
I tried to do with Numerator [expr], but returns a wrong result. I tried with the attribute HoldForm [expr] and can not get the correct result.

For example:
  expr = (x ^ 2 Cos [x] (Sin [2x], Tan [x ]))/( E ^ x * x * Csc [x] ^ 2)