opposite of AppendTo

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg124307] opposite of AppendTo
  • From: burke <burket at>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:12:16 -0500 (EST)
AppendTo[s,e] appends "e" to "s" and then RESETS "s". How does one
delete or remove an element "e" from a list "s" and then RESET "s"?
The _reset_ is my problem.  I want to be able to add and delete
elements of a list (a list of graphical elements with very low
opacity).  I can "appendto" the list at will but am unable to delete
elements (using Delete, DeleteCases, Except, Select, etc.). Deleting
"e" from "s" is easy enough, but resetting "s" seems impossible.