Re: MatrixForm odd behaviour

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124491] Re: MatrixForm odd behaviour
  • From: roby <roby.nowak at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 05:19:03 -0500 (EST)

Dear All.

One can argue a thousend times or even more that MatrixForm is for
display purpose only.
On the other hand the user majority (is this a democratic process ?)
would like to have the possibility to use MatrixForm or a similar
"Wrapper" in calculations.
The strange and funny thing is that matrices entered by <Insert><Table/
Matrix><New> provide a Form similar to MatrixForm which can be used in
calculations.
We just neeed a Wrapper for Display which should be ignored for
calculations, this would ease many things.
So the only thing we need is a simple way to apply the fuctionality
provided from matrix input menu to Mathematica matrix expressions, may be this
exists allready and I just missed soemthing ?

Cheers Robert