Re: MatrixForm odd behaviour
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg124533] Re: MatrixForm odd behaviour
- From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 02:57:00 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
On 1/22/12 at 1:19 PM, btreat1 at austin.rr.com (DrMajorBob) wrote: >Not so. I can see a fairly large matrix, leaving nothing out, in >list format (ugly as it may be). >I can see just a few columns in TraditionalForm or MatrixForm. You had described trying to view large matrices in TraditionalForm or MatrixForm as "hopeless". I regard looking at large matrices in list form as more problematic and equally well described as "hopeless". It is virtually impossible to determine the column of any entry. The list is not just ugly. It obscures information. Simply put, there is no good way to view entries of any matrix all at once if the matrix has more columns than fit on your screen.