Error(?) in FormatValues[MakeExpression]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124535] Error(?) in FormatValues[MakeExpression]
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 02:57:41 -0500 (EST)

I just looked in the list FormatValues[MakeExpression], to confirm, that
my settings are correct.

I found a setting, not done by me:

HoldPattern[
  MakeExpression[RefBox[FrontEnd`Private`var_],
   FrontEnd`Private`fmt_]] :> HoldComplete[*****]

Instead of the stars I used here, there is a red rectangle, and the
output-cell has the error warning yellow "+" sign.

Going with the mouse onto the rectangle, the following tooltip is shown:

"An unknown boxname (FE`Private`ResolveTypesetForm) was sent as the
 BoxForm for the expression..."

My version: 8.0.4 on Mac OS X  10.6.8.
I don't have any problems running Mathematica, I'm just courious.

Does anyone see this too?

//Peter

Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de