- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg124554] Volumetric Opacity?
- From: sibir <martin.rommel at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 05:09:51 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It appears that Opacity in 3D graphics is a surface property and not a volume property. So 3D objects created, e.g., by Sphere or GraphicsComplex appear as hollow shells. Can anybody out there point me towards attempts to render 3D objects as filled volumes of a certain opacity, so that the transparency is the product of opacity and thickness?