Re: exercises: suppress printing of answers

I reckon you have a notebook with text cells, input cells and output cells, and you would  like to produce a PDF document without the output cells?  If that is the case, double-click the cell-bracket of each of the cells you would like to hide. This will not delete the cell, but simply hide it. Then you can File|SaveAs|PDF the notebook. If you need to show the hidden cells again, double-click their outer cell brackets (the ones with an arrow-like end).
-Tomas