Numerical integration over an arbitrary 2D domain

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127129] Numerical integration over an arbitrary 2D domain
  • From: Alfonso Pagani <alfonso.pagani at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 02:12:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,
I am a new user of Wolfram Mathematica. I need to integrate
(numerically of course) generic functions above complex 2D domains.
For example, i would like to find the moments of inertia of an airfoil
cross-section. Is it possible?
My idea was to import a triangular mesh (list of nodes and element
connectivity) of the integration domain. Then integrate my functions
using a trapezoidal integration. How could i do this?
Thank you very much,

Alfonso