Re: An easier functional way to divide each Column of matrix by a
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127150] Re: An easier functional way to divide each Column of matrix by a
- From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 05:29:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 7/1/12 at 2:05 AM, nma at 12000.org (Nasser M. Abbasi) wrote: >I think Mathematica is definitely biased towards rows. I think the >original designers of Mathematica liked rows much more than columns >:) Mathematica is definitely biased towards rows due to the rather fundamental usage of List. That is, a matrix is a list of rows not a list of columns. And it is this distinction that creates the bias for rows.