Framed plot provides an extra vertical line

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127212] Framed plot provides an extra vertical line
  • From: Robert McHugh <rtmphone09 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 19:06:08 -0400 (EDT)

Sometimes I have observed the Plot command produces a plot with an extra
vertical line. An examples of what I mean is in the first graph below,
which is a framed plot with specified ticks and grid lines for the x-axis.
 Note the extra vertical line running the height of the plot at x = 50.  It
is interesting to note that this vertical line is at the same location that
Plot would automatically place the y-axis, as shown by the second plot,
which is an unframed plot with default settings.   Note that in this case,
the frame ticks and grid spacing was chosen to correspond to a 24 hour
cycle, i.e. one tick for each day and a 6 hour grid spacing.

There is probably some command that I should add to the first plot to
suppress this extra vertical line.  Can someone point out what that command
is?
Thanks,
Bob.

tTicks = Range[0, 24 30, 24];