From: rhartley.anu at gmail.com
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 9:42 PM
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg127233] Separating square roots

I have an expression which is a sum of terms, some monomials
and others involving square roots, such as
A = 3  + 5 x^2 + 7 x + Sqrt[5+x] + 7 x Sqrt[5+x] (but much more
complicated).
I want to solve this, which involves separating terms with the square root
from those that do not have a square root, then squaring each.

I can not work out how to separate out those terms that have the square
root.  I do not want to hard code, such as nosqrt = A[[1]] + A[[2]] , etc.
Can anyone help?