Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?

On 12/07/2012 10:00, Yves Klett wrote:
> In earlier incarnations, the kernel would show up as a separate entry in
> the taskbar (on Win XP, that was), which made it very convenient to
> kill. I kind of miss that behaviour (when things go wrong repeatedly).

I wrote a C program that executes the command

c:\windows\System32\taskkill.exe /im MathKernel.exe /t /f

This runs in the background all the time, and responds to a hot key!

The fact that I took time to set this up, probably reflects just how
troublesome kernel hangs can be!

Perhaps at the very least Mathematica could spawn a program of this type.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk