NDSolve with NIntegrate where Integral is a function of x

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127344] NDSolve with NIntegrate where Integral is a function of x
  • From: Nikthecrab <nikhil.dexter at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 03:50:00 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to solve a differential equation using NDSolve . It is of the form:

NDSolve[{y'[x]=f(x)*Integrate[g(x,t),{t,0,infinity}],y[0]=0.04},y[x],{x,0,10}]

here f is a function of x and g is a function of x and a dummy variable t for integration.
The integral cannot be solved directly in terms of x.So I tried using NIntegrate.But NIntegrate requires x to be a number while NDSolve clearly has to vary x from 0 to 10. Can anyone suggest a suitable solution to this problem?