Re: Plotting: how does one reverse the time axis tick mark values?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127355] Re: Plotting: how does one reverse the time axis tick mark values?
  • From: James Stein <james at stein.org>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 03:53:40 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you for your elegant solution, Bob.

Somehow, 'AbsoluteOptions' has never come to my attention before; even
had I stumbled upon it (perhaps from the "See Also" section of the
'Options' help page), I doubt I could have grasped its purpose or
utility. Perhaps your solution would be a good second example in the
'AbsoluteOptions' help page.

I came close (but no cigar): I used 'FullForm' to see what kind of
graphics object the normal call produced, hoping to find a List of
tick marks that I could manually Reverse and reinsert, but found
nothing. Apparently 'AbsoluteOptions' allows one to peer more deeply
than 'FullForm'.

Thanks also to Martin and David, for showing solutions employing
Park's Presentation Package.