Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg127360] Re: Sending an interrupt to the frontend?
  • From: W Craig Carter <ccarter at MIT.EDU>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 03:49:12 -0400 (EDT)

As the original poster,  I'd like to clarify that I was looking for a
way to send an interrupt to the front-end *from the operating system*.
I think mathematica's behavior is understandable when the front end
receives a request to dynamically update a result that is so large that
takes a long time to format.  This is nearly always triggered by a
mistake that I have made.

I was looking for a work-around; not a fix to Mathematica.  Ralph
Draftman send a nice way to catch interrupts with an

W Craig Carter
Professor of Materials Science, MIT