Help with Reduce and ForAll

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127362] Help with Reduce and ForAll
  • From: Adam Clark <gravitonmaker at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 03:49:52 -0400 (EDT)

I have a fairly complicated set of inequalities in 6 variables.  One of the variables is a speed parameter.  I need to know the constraints on the other 5 variables that satisfy the system of inequalities for any value of the speed between +1 and -1.  Is there a way I can use ForAll (or some other command) to have Mathematica do this for me?

Simply using Reduce on the system of inequalities produces 8 pages of output that frequently uses Root and AlgebraicNumber as part of the output.