Re: No CCompiler found - MinGW-x64

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127365] Re: No CCompiler found - MinGW-x64
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 03:50:52 -0400 (EDT)

On 7/19/12 at 3:52 AM, Pasifreund at gmx.de wrote:

>2.: i need to process a simple calculation several million times.
>therefore i compiled my function, but it would be even faster, if it
>was compiled inc code, wouldn't it?

Not necessarily. Whether you gain from compiling code will
depend a great deal on details of your function, details of the
data it will be operating on and exactly what you are doing to
create the compiled code. The function Compile in Mathematic
simply will not always create a faster execution and can
actually result in slower execution in some cases.