How do I create a circular lamina?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127506] How do I create a circular lamina?
- From: drmoose94 at gmail.com
- Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:13:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
Hi, I want to be able to visualize Euler's Rotation Theorem (I don't think there's an existing visualization/demonstration of that anywhere?), but in order to do so I need to draw two intersecting great circles of spheres. I can't see any primitive that allows a circular lamina or disk to be drawn in 3D. There's Disk and Circle in 2D, but Mathematica won't allow them to be converted to 3D. I can make one via revolution plotting a constant but that seems a really ugly hack. Is there a good way of getting a circular lamina in 3D/