Re: Can Mathematica do regression, or similar?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126801] Re: Can Mathematica do regression, or similar?
- From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 03:36:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On 6/7/12 at 5:18 AM, nkormanik at gmail.com (Nicholas Kormanik) wrote: >Can Mathematica figure out the relationship between the two >predictor variables, and the response variable? Mathematica provides tools you can use so that *you* can determine the desired relationship. And these tools are certainly not limited to just two predictor variables. >What would be the code for doing so? You need to provide a lot more information before anyone could intelligently answer this. You can start by looking at functions such as FindFit, LinearModelFit and NonlnearModelFit. Or depending on what you are trying to do, you might want to look at GeneralizedLinearModelFit, LogitModelFit or ProbitModelFit. Look up these in the documentation center for more information.