Re: some Experience with webMathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126835] Re: some Experience with webMathematica
  • From: Andre Koppel <akoppel at akso.de>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 02:57:34 -0400 (EDT)

Am 05.06.2012 10:53, schrieb jurasea:
> Depends on version combinations (webMathematica&  Mathematica) you use
> to get results, also it's not clear what form you wish to get output
> (Java, 2D image, Flash/Manipulate , etc.) webMath versions tends to be
> better compartable with certain Mathematica builds (4 instance like
> 3.0.0 or 3.0.1 + 7, and another set is webMath=3.1 and Math=8.0.4)..
> Fine-tuning closely depends on network bandwidth (complex Java
> surfaces won't work on laggy connections) and MathKernel->Java->Web
> interface (mostly Apache/Tomcat I guess) settings (timeouts, etc..)
>
> If you'll specify ur versions, your expectations&  provide MSP scripts
> - perhaps we can check if desired result can be achieved.

There is a Tomcat 6.0335 running, Mathematica 8.0.4.0, webMathematica
3.1. If you like, you may download the example from:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30112125/Live3D/Timelog_Live3D.zip
The archive contains an example data-file, the original Notebook and the
webMathematica .jsp file.
The description is written in german, but this shouldn't be a problem,
evreryone who is using mathematica should be able to read the code.
I have tried everything with Histogram3D-options to simplify the
rendering. Nothing has helped, There are some parts (unknown) within
the resulting graphics that prevend MPLive3D from rendering.
If you have an idea to solve the problem, I am happy to hear about.
Kind regards
Andre