Re: Microarray data analysis

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126902] Re: Microarray data analysis
  • From: Karthu <karthikuttan at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 15:32:58 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks everyone and so sorry to reply to this post very late.

After much thought, for now, I have decided not to do anything with the TIFF image. I am very happy that Matthias offered me his expertise on this issue. I will definitely comeback to this in future.

For now, I will be glad if somebody could help me analyze the microarray data that I have in txt format (Microarray I used, as I said earlier is Agilent platform). I found one post regarding gene expression analysis using mathematica, but could not get much from it.

Is it possible to do normalization, filtering out probes that doesn't satisfy 'flags' etc in Mathematica? I would be glad if someone could help me by providing detailed manuals ( and text-based or video-based tutorials. Pre-made codes will be excellent as I am very new to Mathematica.

Also, I am interested to know about the possibility of Mathematica-R integration . Since there are many Bioconductor packages for microarray analysis, accessing the R/Bioconductor capabilities from Mathematica will be just "cool". I know of RLink, but it is expensive. I would rather look for some open-source applications, if available.

Thanks a lot once again,

Looking forward to receive some help and suggestions/comments.

Karthik