Re: Plot3D progress

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg126911] Re: Plot3D progress
  • From: psycho_dad <s.nesseris at>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 03:57:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi dude,

This example seems to work (I changed Integrate to NIntegrate for efficiency reasons and used Sin[x] Sin[y] instead of your unknown (to me) function):

data = {};
Plot3D[NIntegrate[Sin[x] Sin[y], {x, 0, xMax}, {y, 0, yMax}], {xMax,
  0, 1}, {yMax, 0, 1},
 EvaluationMonitor :> AppendTo[data, {xMax, yMax}]]

In the end the values of {xMax, yMax} are included in list called data.

I hope this helps. If you are interested have a look at this cool example of using EvaluationMonitor+Contourplot: