Re: Default path for opening files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127033] Re: Default path for opening files
  • From: "E. Martín-Serrano" <eMartinSerrano at telefonica.net>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 04:46:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi:

Please, could anyone explain why the 'In[5]:= SetDirectory[directory]'
fails ?

In[1]:= DirectoryStack[]

Out[1]= {}

In[2]:= directory = FileNameJoin[{"C:", "fbuttontofileTest"}]

Out[2]= "C:\\fbuttontofileTest"

In[3]:= directory

Out[3]= "C:\\fbuttontofileTest"

In[4]:= Head@%

Out[4]= String

In[5]:= SetDirectory[directory]

Out[5]= $Failed

In[6]:= DirectoryStack[]

Out[6]= {}

The directory

"C:\fbuttontofileTest"

Does exist in the installation (windows7 MathV8.0.1), although it isn't a
standard Mathematica directory there is not warning on this in the Help
documentation as far as I know.

Best regards.

E. Martin-Serrano