Re: "Bug" in SurvivalDistribution?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127044] Re: "Bug" in SurvivalDistribution?
  • From: Mark Coleman <markspcoleman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 04:06:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Bob,

I heard back from a contact at WRI. It does seem to be a bug. He sent me a
work around for the issue:

Unprotect[DataDistribution];
DataDistribution /:
 HoldPattern[
  DistributionParameterQ[
   DataDistribution["Survival", {_, _}, _, _]]] := True

I ran this code on my Windows machine and it works correctly, even for very
large sample sizes.

Best,

Mark