Re: Mathematica loop help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125488] Re: Mathematica loop help
  • From: Martin Scherer <martin.scherer at gcsc.uni-frankfurt.de>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 00:33:04 -0500 (EST)

Here is a simple example of what I'am trying to do:
sols = {};
Table[{sol = FindRoot[a x == 0, Drop[sols, Length[sols] - 1]];  AppendTo[sols, sol]}, {a, 1, 10}]

in every iteration FindRoot should use the last solution (sol) as the new starting point for searching the new solution. The second statement Drop[...] accesses the last element inserted into sols. The third statement inserts the current solution at the end of sols.

But given example leads to an infinite recursion. I do not understand why.

Any help appropriated.

Greetings,
Martin