Running Mathematica via ssh connection.... Very strange results

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125508] Running Mathematica via ssh connection.... Very strange results
  • From: fabrizio Sgrignuoli <martinjack1984 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 06:32:38 -0500 (EST)

I have some problems with the mathematica code that I wrote. I'll try
to explain.
I used a ssh connection to work on a server pc in which mathematica is
installed. First of all, my laptop is a macbook pro while the remote
machine has a Debian distribution as operating system. My problem is
that I obtained two different numerical results when I run my job with
the graphical interface and with the terminal command (nohup math -
script < filename.m> out.txt &). In more details, the result obtained
when I run with the terminal command is not correct .Maybe, this
problem is related to the fact that my calculations produced
Indeterminate elements. Indeed, I discovered that the these numerical
errors appears after the Indeterminate elements. The very strange
thing, in my opinion, is that excluding these few differences, the
other elements are more or less the same. How I can solve this
discrepancy?
Do you have same idea on this????
Thanks
Fabrizio