Trouble with MathKernel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125637] Trouble with MathKernel
  • From: Cisco Lane <travlorf at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 02:01:34 -0500 (EST)

I'm running Mathematica Home edition v. 7 on a Mac Intel Core 2 Duo.

I'm trying to run a notebook in the background. I have saved the notebook as a package (batch.m) but, in a terminal, when I type:

MathKernel < batch.m > batch.out

the batch.out file says "MathKernel: no such file or directory". Same thing happens if I substitute "math" for "MathKernel".

Any help would be appreciated.