Drawing on an image in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126361] Drawing on an image in Mathematica
  • From: Julian Francis <julian.w.francis at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 22:23:49 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,

I have a binary image in which I'd like to use the mouse to draw
(freehand) on top of the image, and use this in Mathematica.

Presently, I can import the image into a painting program, use its
sketching facilities, then cut and paste into Mathematica. I can
extract the matrix if I wish by using ImageData.

Is there a way of drawing on the image directly in Mathematica to save
me cutting and pasting between programs?

I've worked out how to create a graphic and draw into it using the
Mathematica graphics drwaing tools, but my problem is either the
graphic is far too large, or if I shrink it down
(I want to work on matrices 16x16), the resulting picture is far too
small. I want to draw into a matrix 16x16, but it be large enough for
me to see easily.

Thanks,
Julian.