Question about Initialization Cells
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126383] Question about Initialization Cells
- From: James Stein <james at stein.org>
- Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 04:14:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
I downloaded the source code for a Wolfram Demonstrations Project; this one: http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/ComparingAlgorithmsForTheTravelingSalesmanProblem/ The first three cells, all initialization cells, each contain a simple one-liner, for example: dist[p1_, p2_] := Norm[p1 - p2] When I evaluate any of these cells, it appears to define the function, but when I try (in a second, new notebook window) to evaluate the function (e.g., to evaluate "dist[4.5]}), the function is undefined. It is blue i the second window, even though it is black in the first window. But If I type "dist[4,5]" in the demonstration project window itself, all works as expected. The demo project does not appear to be a package; 'dist' does not seem to be private. What am I missing?