Re: does siri use mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126494] Re: does siri use mathematica?
- From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 01:37:54 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Siri does not itself use Mathematica but hands off specific queries to Wolfram Alpha. On May 13, 3:03 am, Richard Fateman <fate... at cs.berkeley.edu> wrote: > I tried siri on "what is the quadratic equation" and got an answer > that appeared to be from Wolfram|Alpha. > > I tried Wolfram|Alpha from a web browser on the question: > > "tell me about siri" > > and got a interpretation > > "tell me about crab" > > ... > 2nd definition "a quarrelsome grouch". > > 5th definition : "a stroke of the oar that either misses the water or > digs too deeply". > > The others seem irrelevant...