clearing a variable with a dummy subscript

Hi !
Here is something very simple I don't understand :

f[x_] := x; f[2]    (*A function*)
 2

Clear[f]; f[2]       (*The same perfectly cleared as expected*)
f[2]

Subscript[u, k_] := k; Subscript[u, 2]        (*u with subscript k_
entered via the palette*)
 2

Clear[u]; Subscript[u, 2]          (*I found no way to clear u; a
suggestion ?)
2

Thanks in advance,

ahautot