Is Histogram Equalization still supported?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg126612] Is Histogram Equalization still supported?
  • From: Joseph Gwinn <joegwinn at>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 04:56:29 -0400 (EDT)
I have an image that I would like to perform histogram equalization on,
but searches in the Mathematica Documentation Center for "histogram
equalization" yields nothing.

A google search of yields documentation on the obsolete
function HistogramEqualize[], and some related functions, but gives no
clue as to what these obsolete functions were replaced by.

One assumes that Mathematica 8 can perform histogram equalization, but is
keeping it a secret.

So my question is where in Mathematica to look.

Joe Gwinn