Re: bubblechart axis scaling

On Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:32:05 AM UTC+1, doubleslash wrote:
> Hello,
> I need the yaxis scaling to be 1:1 with the bubble sizes. For example,
> BubbleChart[{{1,1,1},{1,1.5,1}},BubbleScale->"Diameter"] should
> produce 1 bubble directly on top of the other. With the way it's done
> now, the 2 bubbles are very far apart, and that's because the z:y
> ratio is like .1.  Is there a way I can change this? Thanks

I ended up writing a wrapper function which put two invisible bubbles bottom-left and top-right of the plotrange and making sure none of my data was outside of that plot range (filtering if necessary).  This then means the bubbles are a fixed size with-respect to the plot itself since bubble size scales to the plotrange.