Easy arrow key usage for original terminal frontend

Hello,

In case I am not the only person having trouble with Mathematica terminal
frontend ('math'), I post the solution.

The exact problem is that the arrow keys do not work correctly on bash (or
screen). For example, pressing left arrow gives ^[[D. There seems to be a
long solution, involving a python program on a blog (
http://marrabbio.com/?p=2261 ), and there also is a readline based
frontend, called JMath ( http://robotics.caltech.edu/~radford/jmath/ ).
However, I found these solutions impossible to implement in my situation
(no root privileges on the Mathematica server).

An easy workaround is to use rlwrap (
http://utopia.knoware.nl/~hlub/rlwrap/). One has to download the
source, and compile it
$ ./configure; make
After this, src/rlwrap is the executable to use:
$ ./src/rlwrap math

Hope this saves somebody some time!
ff