Re: Export a graphical plot to pdf file

Hello,

The problem is that ContourPlot, DensityPlot etc. compose their plot of
lots of tiny polygons. PDF is a vector format and preserves them all. The
PDF file becomes large and loads and scrolls slowly.

There is a FixPolygons package that merges polygons of the same colour
that results in drastically reduced PDF size:

https://github.com/wspr/mmapkg

This works well with ContourPlot. Unfortunately not so well (sometimes)
with DensityPlot as its polygons are filled with gradients, not one
colour.

Best,
Kristjan Kannike