Nike job posting

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128648] Nike job posting
  • From: Jean Buck <jeanb at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 00:04:58 -0500 (EST)

***********************

Data Curator
Become a Part of the Nike Team

As our Data Curator, you will support the new Athena computational
knowledge engine that centralizes the Nike Sport Research Laboratory
(NSRL) data and makes it accessible to researchers. The Data Curator
will work closely with technical staff across the NSRL and with senior
scientists to ensure the Athena system incorporates new data generated
by the lab and otherwise remains up to date.  The person in this role
must be capable of operate and support new information technologies in
the research lab and helping to establish a long-term data management
vision.  This role will work as a leader, not only of a variety of
consultants and contributors in an on-shore/off-shore model, but also of
the projects assigned. You will be the Athena curator and owner and will
be key in leading databases update, technical data translation among
different file formats, test data quality, data files clean and
reformat, and assess and implement related data requests from NSRL
research staff.  Interest and experience in the latest methodologies
goes a long way here and we're looking for people who are passionate
about the world of value-driven solution delivery. You'll get to work
alongside truly talented people and help them enhance their performance
by promoting collaboration and innovation.

Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to
explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what
can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create.
We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination.
We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing
what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.

If you're the one for this role, you'll be joining the Nike Tech
organization.  Nike Tech brings together technology and process
expertise into one streamlined, consumer- and customer-oriented team.
We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology solutions that
enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is on
providing lean solutions that eliminate waste, maximize customer value,
and drive profitable business growth.

As our Data Curator, you'll bring the following:
* Passion for data
* Success in data management processes such as bulk data processing,
data exchange with other databases, and new version releases.
* Competence with tools and methodologies for computationally centered,
data-driven research (data mining, visualization, etc.).
* Successfully work on a day-to-day basis with the NSRL team to ensure
that our biomechanical, and operational data are being accurately
represented in our applications.
* Hands on in developing and maintaining tools/codes for day-to-day
extraction, curation and management of biomechanical data
* Experience, interest and adaptability to working in a fast pace
delivery environment
* Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication
skills
* Experience in formulate validation strategies and methods to ensure
accurate and reliable data
* Commitment to work with the data-mining group to develop new methods
of data extraction and data mining.
* Passion for supporting NSRL Team in understanding and processing the
data in our system.
* Passion and competency for mentoring, growing and developing the
skills of other analysts and team members

In addition to those general role responsibilities, you'll need some
specific experience and have some specific accountabilities, including:
* 5+ years of Mathematica programming language experience
* Strong Leadership identity required
* Strong communication skills required
* Strong knowledge od statistics
* Knowledge of SQL is a plus
* Knowledge about the RDBMS (relational database management system)
* Familiarity with biomechanics is a plus
* Other programming languages is a plus

To make it clear, we're not looking for just anyone.  We're looking for
someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly
demonstrated these skills:
* BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or
other relevant subject area
* Experience working as a System Analyst on multiple projects and
business functions
* Strong business acumen to quickly learn new techniques processes and
understand how Athena needs to support the NSRL
* Proven ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different
goals together and facilitate productive discussions
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
* Flexible, ability to deal with ambiguity, and a demonstrated desire
for continuous personal growth
* Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to motivate and
mentor others within work group
* Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and communicate using
virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting)
* Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to
effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams

Still Interested?
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy
individuals, all candidates must successfully complete a thorough
background investigation prior to receiving any offer of employment from
Nike.

Have we piqued your interest? Good, then a generous benefits package
will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a
casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to
mention here.

Individuals should send email to job-market at wolfram.com if interested.