Model fitting

I have an array of 3D data in the form {xi,yi,0/1} (that is, the z coordinate is either 0 or 1). The points are not on a rectangular grid. The 0 and 1 areas are more or less contiguous, though the boundary between them can be somewhat fuzzy. The boundary is expected to be described by the equation y=a x^b. How can I adapt NonlinearModelFit or any other standard function to find the best fit values for a and b? Thanks!