Delay DAEs

Dear friends from the Mathgroup

I have been working with NDSolve to numerically solve a set of DAEs. In an
improvement of my model I need to include a delay control action. NDSolve
report a warning about inconsistent initial conditions when I try to
include such delay. I have not found documentation related to Delay DAEs.

Am I trying to use NDSolve in a task for which is not designed to??

Best regards

Jesus Rico-Melgoza