How Can I Make A String Variable With Styled Text?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128772] How Can I Make A String Variable With Styled Text?
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 02:29:27 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,

I have a string variable

myString = "This is boldface.  The rest is not."

When I execute myString, I want the first sentence to appear in bold type.  Selecting the sentence and formatting it as bold when I create the string does not work.  StringForm will do the trick, as in

	myString = StringForm["`` The rest is not.", Style["This is boldface", Bold]]

but, of course, the Head of myString will no longer be String.  Is there any other way to do this?

Gregory