Re: non optimized inner for loops

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg128779] Re: non optimized inner for loops
  • From: Peter Klamser <klamser at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 04:59:30 -0500 (EST)

Hi Sasa,

questions, improving the performance of the Mathematica code are often posted. Many
people think, that usual approaches will help, if you write c, c++ or
pascal code sometimes combined with the Compile[].

Read a book or join a online course programming in Mathematica by WRI and find out
how to use

l = Table[Sin[x], {x, 0, 10 Pi, 10 Pi/10^6}] // N;
Plus @@ l // Timing

or Select[], /@ and & (pure functions) etc..

The Mathematica help system is also useful if you look for @@ and then open one
item under see also.