Re: Mathematica 8 Serial Port Comm.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg128794] Re: Mathematica 8 Serial Port Comm.
- From: Josh Zirbel <zirbel at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 23:27:17 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi Laszlo, I am having similar problems. I am on a Mac (OSX Mountain Lion, Mathematica 8). I have read that SerialIO from http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Demos/5726/ might be useful. If you are interested in how someone has implemented it, check out http://williamjturkel.net/2011/12/25/connecting-arduino-to-mathematica-on-mac-os-x-with-serialio/ I will try it out on my own soon and will report back if it worked. Have you had any luck? Josh Z. On Monday, November 21, 2011 1:28:45 AM UTC-8, Laszlo Sturmann wrote: > Hi, > > > > I've downloaded javax.comm and I'm following "/J/Link/Tutorial: > > Communicating with the Serial Port" from > > http://library.wolfram.com/examples/JavaSerial/. > > <http://library.wolfram.com/examples/JavaSerial/> > > > > I get a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: comm.javax.CommPortIdentifier > > when I try to load a class with LoadClass["comm.javax.CommPortIdentifier"]. > > > > Where do I put comm.jar, javax.comm.properties and win32com.dll files in > > the API for Mathematica to find them? > > > > Thanks, > > > > Laszlo