Re: ImageResize does not linearize before resize?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg128856] Re: ImageResize does not linearize before resize?
- From: Alexey Popkov <lehin.p at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 05:59:25 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:12:08 PM UTC+4, Matthias Odisio wrote: > Jari, > > >> This genuine issue will be properly addressed in a future release of > >> Mathematica. In the meanwhile, one needs to revert to bits of code, > >> as you did. > > > > Thank you very much for the confirmation! I was not sure if it was something > > that would be addressed, or if all imagedata was to be assumed linearized. > /.../ > > > > Can you divulge if there would be any plans to implement generalized color > > handling for images in Mathematica? > > That's what I meant by 'properly addressed', yes. > > Feel free to reply to me off the list if you'd like to be in contact > with developers involved in this project. > > Matthias Odisio > Wolfram Research Hi Matthias, Reviving an old question in connection with the release of version 9, could you please explain how to use the new image processing functionality for correct image resizing? I could not find in the documentation instructions how to do it correctly in the sense described on the page http://www.4p8.com/eric.brasseur/gamma.html Sincerely, Alexey Popkov